After collecting the 79 Gold Coins, the sword can be found by praying at a "sparkling" square panel on the western side of the Shrine of Worship's exterior, which opens a path into the "basement" of the Shrine. The sword sits within a dark rock. Upon approaching the sword, you can hear Dormin's voice, however there are no subtitles explaining what is being said.
- The eye on the sword will change colour (from blue to red) if the colossus you are fighting is hostile or is attacking you. However, if the colossus doesn't see you the eye won't change colour and a "dark essence" will cover it instead. Oddly, if you're underwater the eye will disappear.
- On the side of the blade there's written "Sword of Dormin" in the same language that Yorda and the Queen spoke in "Ico."
- If you attempt to glitch your way into the chamber concealing the sword before having all 79 gold coins, it will not load in due to the developers making it so that if you try to do it without having all of the coins, the room will not load in and therefore prevent you from obtaining it.
- The sword of Dormin is the strongest sword in the game, even stronger than The Queen's Sword. As is demonstrated in the following video.
- The Sword of dormin has to be unlocked in each new game, however it will stay in your inventory if you start a "new game +"